We launched Hear my voice ahead of the General Election to empower people with a learning disability to vote, contact their local candidates and put disability issues on the political agenda.
We called on people to ask their local candidates,
"Are you listening?" and here's what happened next:
- More than 2,000 of you shared personal stories with candidates, and thousands more contacted their local candidates.
- Your action led to 832 candidates across the UK showing their support for the campaign (151 are now elected MPs!)
- We ran 60 Hear my voice events around the country and over 2,000 of you came along to tell your local candidates about the issues that affect your life.
- All major political parties created easyread manifestos, making politics more accessible.
- Hundreds of you shared your polling station selfies, showing us that you were making yourself heard on election day.
- The campaign made The Guardian’s Charity Campaign of the Month and was a winner at the Third Sector Excellence Awards 2015.
We're amazed with what we've achieved together so far and can't wait to keep going with the campaign. This was just the first step - join us for the next step of the journey.